The Database Administrator will ensure all databases in the organization are adequately supported and maintained and all associated systems run smoothly.
- Bachelors degree
- 4+ years working with Microsoft SQL databases/ Oracle/MYSQL
- Advanced mathematical understanding
- Knowledge of Linux, UNIX and Windows operating system environments.
- Administers production, staging, test, and development database environments
- Support the System Administrator(s) efforts in the design, development and administration of all system applications utilizing databases including assistance in administration of SQL server in stand alone and clustered server environments and associated software and systems
- Responsibilities include backup and recovery, performance tuning, database maintenance, database security, fault tolerance, scalability, disaster recovery planning, database service pack upgrades and release upgrades
- Is available during production rollouts, perform a production rollout
- Design and assist developers with all database schema changes, new or dropped tables, columns, stored procedures, indexes and any other database object
- Responsible for initiating and leading cooperative efforts on all database architecture changes including new server deployments, database vendor transitions, platform transitions, load balancing solutions, fault tolerance solutions, security changes and other architectural or platform changes
- Responsible for design and development of significant database schema changes
- Responsible for data integrity of data base
- Provides database queries or creates tables/schemas to support business reporting.