Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Specialist
Created: Tuesday, 17 July 2018
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from four-year college or university; 2+ yrs minimum related experience
or a Master’s degree in computer science or software Engineering.
- Additionally, experience in a multiple platforms such as UNIX, and LINUX is preferred.
- Program and project management, business solution delivery, business process definition, and application development
- Cost tracking, resource management, and application delivery
- Project Delivery – Deliver numerous projects and enhancements including multi-million dollar portfolio of Business Intelligence projects (Reporting, OLAP, Ad-Hoc) and Enterprise Projects
- Data Warehouse/BI Management – Direct the Business Intelligence Application Support and Enhancements for the multi-terabyte enterprise data warehousing including Business Unit and Functional Marts, Business Objects, and OLAP. Support entire organization with Application SLAs.
- Develops business intelligence strategy for commercial lines
- Coordinates with IT to define and establish the overall data warehouse architecture for the business including an integrated data model covering the entire business, technical data base and analytics platform, meta data layer, and system / data integration approach
- Provides direction and leadership for the Business Intelligence team; dedicated to the development and on-going support of data warehouse, business analytics and reporting systems and services
- Consults with customers to identify key issues, create analytical solutions, and provide critical business insights.
- Manages technical and functional resources to create reports, implement or change systems and support applications.
- Determines and documents technical requirements and manages projects. Communicate with customers and management to escalate project issues and document change requests.
- Works to build and enhance the Business Intelligence team. Develops and mentors staff. Ensures BI strategy is aligned with the IT and Business strategies. Performs business intelligence research and analysis on internal and external data. Specifies business systems to meet information processing objectives for the software platform.
- Facilitates interaction of and knowledge transfer between business intelligence team, other commercial product teams and the operations department
- Provides input and ad hoc reporting on programming/policy information as needed for commercial service centers and commercial home office staff. Performs other functions as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Data Analytics – Analysis of data and business trends
- Program/Project Management – Commercial Lines, multi-million dollar, multi-release planning, estimating, scheduling, CBA analysis, risk and delivery management
- Full Project Life-Cycle Experience – solution and process definition, business and technical definition, project staffing, development, test execution and release management for large scale projects
- Operational Management – responsible for portfolios of applications (BI, Financial Processing, etc)
- Business Process – process definition and implementation.
- Relationship Management – building relationships at multiple levels in an organization
- Business Development – requirement evaluation, solution definition, estimation and planning